Building off of one of our previous posts, we wanted to share even more inspirational quotes from strong, independent womxn. As we said in that post, we’re tired of reading quotes from the same group of straight, white men, so we’re amplifying quotes from womxn.
We’re sharing these quotes now in order to celebrate these womxn, show our gratitude for their contributions, and hopefully inspire you:
- “I shouldn't even be here, so if I'm here, I better do something good.” - Tammy Duckworth, US politician and army veteran
- “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own” - Michelle Obama, author, advocate and former First Lady of the United States
- “I guess I’m breaking out a little of what’s comfortable and easy” - Angela Bassett, actress, director, producer and activist
- “I had found that taking risks, being true to myself, and making decisions with good intentions can exceed even my own expectations.” - Jennifer Lopez, actress, singer, dancer, producer and entrepreneur
- “Find freedom in the context you inherit” - Lee Maracle, author, professor and Iindigenous feminist
- “Self-love is believing in yourself through the doubt.” - Lauren Richardson, artist and jewelry designer
- “We have to build things that we want to see accomplished, in life and in our country, based on our own personal experiences ... to make sure that others ... do not have to suffer the same discrimination.” - Patsy Mink, attorney and politician
- “You have to see failure as the beginning and the middle, but never entertain it as an end.” - Jessica Herrin, Founder of Stella & Dot
- “Do not disrespect your heart by hearing what it needs and giving it the opposite.” - Navyirah Waheed, poet and author
- “You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” - Lucille Ball, entertainer
Want to share your favorite quote from a strong, independent womxn with us? Email us at email@example.com.